Digital Sales Engineer (f/m)
We intend to use fresh perspectives to create a knowledge base for Process Automation that transcends brands and appeals to today’s generation as well as tomorrow’s. Our dynamic team is located within in the heart of Berlin. In this independent setting, we experiment with all disciplines of digital marketing to grow our platform.
Our international team of hackers and pirates is looking forward to welcome you as our new…. *trumpets sound* …Digital Sales Engineer!
As Digital Sales Engineer you will be working within the sales team, building a structure to support customer digitally. You’ll be actively involved in populating and maintaining the device directory, addressing customers’ enquiries and proposing solutions to their requests. You understand the technical details of many diverse applications and measurement principles, can navigate vendors’ websites and application tools (e.g. Toolkit from Emerson, Applicator from Endress+Hauser, and the like) and leverage them to provide options and solutions to solve real clients’ issues.
Visaya is a platform that is redefining how customers buy automation devices online; the team working on it is located in the heart of Berlin.
- Maintain an online portfolio database that will be accessed by customers from around the world 24/7
- Implement vendors portfolio into Visaya’s Device Directory (portfolio digital database)
- Translate technical documents like RFQs, RFPs and application notes into product configurations for the digital database
- Shape our Device Directory by help defining the taxonomy to best describe different devices
- Collaborate in the execution of industry/application based solutions for our customers online
- Consult customers in their digital sales journey (scoping, evaluation, selection) to find the right product for their applications
- Application/configuration support through our CRM
- Collaborate with sales in the creation of commerce products for the automation industry
- Take ownership of complaints, returns and other issues affecting customer satisfaction
- Provide feedback to the Sales and Product teams for features and product roadmap development
- Expand the taxonomy for process automation (basis of the Device Directory)
- Create technical and/or marketing content around products or services, on an as-needed basis
- Be part of the company Quality Assurance procedures (execution and improvements)
Qualifications and experience
- Engineering degree with relevant industry qualification
- Excellent English language is a must (German is a plus)
- Previous work experience in the process industry or with instrumentation is essential
- Experience reviewing technical files like process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) and engineering proposals (RFQ/RFP)
- Able to develop technical solutions from technical documents
- Experience with ERP software (SAP or other)
- CRM is a plus!
- Entrepreneurship spirit
- Consultative selling approach
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high regard for exceptional customer service
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be able to work as a team member and also as an individual
- Ability to make decisions in absence of manager
- A challenging and exciting position in the heart of Berlin
- The culture of a loud, fun and engaging startup
- An international open-minded team, free of stereotypes
- All the coffee and beer you can drink!
If your qualifications meet the description above, get in touch! Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.