Visaya Data Policy
This Data Policy informs you as to which data we collect, store, circulate and use about visitors of Visaya and its subdomains (later on referred to as “Visaya” or “website(s)”).
By visiting Visaya, you agree with the present Policy, otherwise you have to refrain from the use of our websites.
We reserve the right to adapt this Policy and we will announce such changes on this website by notifying you via email if you shared it with us. In other cases you can return regularly to this page and find out about the status of the Policy.
What kind of information do we collect?
To provide customised services on Visaya, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our platform. You can learn how to access and delete information we collect by dropping us a message on our contact page.
We reserve the right to anonymise the data you provided to store it in an aggregated form and to combine it with other data to create anonymous statistics as the case may be (for example, the number of visitors), either on our servers or through third-party services.
Information granted or generated by you
- Information provided upon registration (including joining the newsletter): during the signup process, we collect personal information such as your email address, social profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook), name
- Content you provide by interacting with the platform: on Visaya, you can choose to provide personal information when you customise your profile (including uploading a profile picture), post comments or reviews
- Information provided upon ordering products on the Visaya eShop: during the checkout process, we collect personal information such as your email address, billing and delivery addresses, company names, contact persons and more to that we can evaluate and fulfill your order; depending on your payment method, we may collect financial information such as credit card number(s), bank account details, or account details you may have with third party services (e.g. Paypal, Amazon, etc.)
- Your usage: we collect information about how you use Visaya, such as which articles you read and favourite, which searches you perform, which devices you see and favourite
Device and environmental information
As detailed below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, tablets and other web-connected devices you use to visit Visaya, and we may combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of Visaya on your phone to better personalise the content we deliver while you’re using another device, such as your laptop.
Information we obtain that fall within this category include:
- Browser and system information: information that your browser shares such a your browser environment, operating system, screen resolution, keyboard layout
- Environmental information: information related to the connection from your device to Visaya, such as your IP, your location, name of your ISP, the time and date of when the connection happens
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device and/or by your browser, including cookie IDs and settings.
All the device and environmental information we store through third-party services such as Google Analytics or Hotjar is anonymised (including the IP, which has the last group of digits removed).
In relation to cookie data, you can decide to prevent the setting of cookies by Visaya by adjusting the corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
Information from third party services
Other third party services may share information with us. This can be triggered by different actions that you can undertake on our site, such as logging into Visaya through our social plug-in or when you click on a Visaya ad on a different website.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as detailed below, and to provide and support further development of Visaya and its related services.
Provide, personalise and improve Visaya and its services
We use the information we have to deliver you our content, including to personalise features and the content itself (including your profile, home page, suggested devices and our newsletter).
- Product research and development: we use the information we have to develop, test and improve Visaya, including by conducting survey, research, testing and troubleshooting new products and features
- Provide meaningful content: we use your interests, past searches, saved articles and devices to present you with content that is meaningful to you, through different channels
Enable sales through the Visaya eShop
We use the information we have to evaluate your order internally and to fulfill it. This embraces all the aspects from the moment you confirm your intent to buy, to moment we deliver your order, including collecting the payment, confirming your order, provide tracking. Your information is also kept beyond the delivery to fulfill legal requirements as well as in case we will have to process returns or disputes.
Provide measurement, analytics and other business services
We use the information we have to plan for further activities in line with the interests of our community, and to measure the effectiveness of past and/or current initiatives.
Promote integrity, security and appropriate behaviour
We use the information we have to verify accounts (e.g. email ownership) and activity on Visaya, detect, combat and prevent spam and harmful behaviour, for either our users and/or our infrastructure.
Communicate with you
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, as well as communications about new content, activities, features and other information related to our products.
How is this information shared?
When you share comments, reviews and ratings, this information will be publicly available, to other users, anonymous visitors and search engines alike. This includes your username and your profile photo, if you uploaded one.
In general, and apart from the cases provided by this Policy, your personal data will not be sold, transmitted or otherwise distributed to third parties.
It may happen that certain personal data is stored or processed at computers located in jurisdictions that do not have the same privacy laws as your country of residence. Therefore, we take the highest privacy standards of the countries in which we do business as a basis for our data protection measures.
Information about your presence on Visaya
Your presence on Visaya is publicly visible only if you opt to make your profile Public. This is on an “opt-in” basis, in the sense that when you first sign up – and until you manually change the option – your profile is private by default.
Other users and visitors may acknowledge your presence on Visaya should you produce content that is publicly available, such as comments on articles, reviews and ratings, even if your profile is set to private.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on and within Visaya
We use third party services, such as a social plug-in, to enhance and facilitate the experience of our users on Visaya. These services will receive certain information about you and your interaction with Visaya.
For example, when you sign up or log in using one of your social networks’ accounts (e.g. Facebook or Linkedin), the third party website will receive and act on your request exchanging information with Visaya to make the log in possible.
We share and receive information about your interaction with the site with some third-party companies that aggregate and provide us with analytics and measurement reports, such as Google Analytics. All data stored on Google Analytics is anonymised (including the IP, which has the last group of digits removed).
Vendors and manufacturers
Vendors, manufacturers and partners that have an agreement with us can receive aggregated and public information about the interactions of our users with their brand (the articles they read, the products they’ve seen, brand and brand-related searches, and so forth).
Manufacturers and vendors selling products on our Visaya eShop may receive excerpts of your personal information in order to fulfill the order (e.g. drop-shipping products to you) and their own legal requirements (embargoes, etc.).
Law enforcement or legal requests
We may share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in some circumstances. These circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and the user(s) involved will be promptly notified, whenever possible.
We also may share (part of) your information with 3rd party entities when evaluating an order you placed in our Visaya eShop, to ensure our compliance with legal requirements (e.g. embargoes, etc.), insurance agreements, and delivery.
How do we keep your information secure?
We take appropriate technical, administrative and organisational security measures to protect your stored personal data from unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of these data, we use state of the art IT security systems.
Please note that your data can be lost or can be accessed by unauthorized parties during transmission over the Internet or e-mail. While we strive to keep our communication on Visaya secure (e.g. with encryption) we cannot assume any responsibility and expressly disclaim any liability for the security of your data during transmission. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software and the like. If you cannot ensure this, we ask you to use other means of communication.
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the data we have in the ways described in this document:
- As necessary to provide you with a high-quality, reliable services on Visaya
- As necessary to fulfill orders (incl. collecting payments) for goods and/or services you have placed through the Visaya eShop
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- To offer a safe and fair digital environment, and protect your interests or those of others
- As necessary in the public interest; and
- As necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data
- Consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time by writing to us through our contact form
How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications or from your “Profile settings” section; and
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something through our search function, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is kept on our servers and deleted after 30 days. Any data collected and/or shared with third party companies (for example, through our social plug-in) may be retained by such third-party companies for a different period of time, according to their data retention policies. Please refer to their websites for details.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your profile photo, and we anonymise any comments you may have posted, and you won’t be able to recover that information later. Information that others may have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted. If you opt to delete your account, you can do so by clicking on “Delete account” in your “Profile Settings” page.
Please note that we keep encrypted backups of all our data. In line with this Data Policy, we will ensure that, upon receiving your request to delete your profile, all your data is also erased from past backups within a period of 30 days.
Also, we will not be able to delete information that we are required to keep to fulfill legal or financial requirements (e.g. past invoices), especially – but not limited to – transactions that you have been conducting on the Visaya eShop.
Will I be notified of changes to this policy?
Yes, we will notify you of changes to this policy so that you can choose to continue using Visaya under the new terms.
How can I contact Visaya for enquiries or questions?
Should you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below. We will resolve disputes you have with us in connection with our privacy policies.
The data controller responsible for your information is Process+Lab Devices Online, which you can contact online, or by mail at:
Process+Lab Devices Online GmbH
10785 Berlin, Germany
Alternatively you can contact the Data Protection Officer for Visaya through our contact form.
When we receive your request, we will inform you within a reasonable period of time in writing and in accordance with the applicable law, whether and which personal data of you is stored in our systems. If, despite our efforts to maintain data accuracy and timeliness, incorrect data should be stored in our systems, we will correct it at your request. As a registered user you have the opportunity to view, change or delete the personal data you provided.
Is there anything else that you feel I should know?
Visaya contains links to other webpages, which are not covered by this Policy. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such other webpages.