The method you use to measure temperature depends on your application. If you know what you want to measure, then you might find your solution below:
- Resistance temperature detector (RTD): This device measures the electrical resistance of an element to temperature change.
- Thermocouple: Here the device has two metals welded together that create a voltage proportional to the temperature you need to measure (thermoelectric effect).
- Infrared sensor: This device emits thermal radiation, and the sensor inside converts this radiation to voltage.
- Bimetallic sensor: Metals expand and contract with changes in temperature, and this device translates these shifts to numbers you can read.
You can find other ways to measure temperature, but one of these common solutions should work for you. If you want to learn more, then take a look at these articles:
- TOP 10 temperature measurement question you must read!
- Thermocouple – How to read reference tables
- 7 wireless temperature transmitters you must know!
If you want to know more about such products, you can get in touch with our engineers!