Intrinsically Safe HART/USB Interface for Device & FieldCare and FieldXpert Software
Input / Output
Certification / Approvals
- Remote commissioning of field devices directly from the control room or anywhere in the current loop
- Full support for FieldCare software
- Connection to computer via USB port
- For connection to intrinsically safe control loops (4...20 mA)
- SIL2, IEC61508
Fields of application
- Connects intrinsically safe Smart transmitters with HART protocol to the USB interface of a Windows system.
- Enables remote control of transmitters using Endress+Hauser FieldCare Software.
The Commubox FXA195 HART modem from Endress+Hauser connects intrinsically safe Smart transmitters with HART protocol to the USB interface of a Windows system.
We find the right product for you
Questions & Answers
We would like to communicate with an Atex certified modem via TTL (TX/RX) communication. The Atex modem you have here has an USB connection. Is there a way to convert the USB connection to RX/TX communication? E.g. does the usb driver installed on the windows machine emulate a serial connection? Or would there be an Atex modem which would support TTL communication? (1 answer)
Hi Martijn! The FXA195 is designed to operate in a Microsoft Windows environment using an USB 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0 interface. There are some boards and adapters in the market that can convert USB to TTL, for example, the FTDI Chip company produces some of them. Unfortunately we couldn't test it, therefore we cannot confirm the compatibility.