Universal USB-Converter for 2- and 4-wire networks
- USB connection: Mini-B connector (A 1.5 m cable with plugs mini-B and A is provided with the module)
- Computer interface: USB V1.1 Plug and Play
- Supports Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008Server/2003Server/98/ME/2000/CE, MAC and Linux 2.4.20 or above. 64 bit options for latest operating systems
- Field Interfaces: RS485 Half Duplex (dual buses), RS485 Full Duplex or RS422
- Maximum number of devices in the RS485 network: Half Duplex: 2 x 32 devices; Full Duplex: 32 devices
Fields of application
- General Purpose
- Operating environment: 0 to 70°C, 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- MaximumRS485/RS422 cable length: 1200 m
The USB-i485 module from Novus is a cost-effective way to convert RS485 or RS422 industrial buses to a USB interface. When connected to a PC USB port the USB-i485 module is automatically detected and is installed as a native COM port which is compatible with any existing serial communication application. Muliple modules can be installed when using USB hubs thus allowing a hassle-free configuration of a multi serial system without any IRQ or DMA configuration. 1500 Vdc isolation between the USB port and RS485/RS422 protects the PC from spykes or possible misconnections in the communication bus.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question, and our experts will reply shortly.