To measure the viscosity during the process – even in the smallest of spaces
- Measuring Range Density: 600 to 1000 kg/m3
- Measuring Range Viscosity: 0,3 to 50 mPa s
- Accuracy of measurement Density: +/- 0.2kg/m3
- Max. measurement error viscosity: ±[0,2 mPa s + 5% from measurement]
- Process temperature from –20 to 60 °C
- Communication: ASCII RS232
- Power Supply: 5 to 12V DC
Fields of application
- Liquid Viscosity, compensated Density, and Temperature measurement
- Optimization of process reliability in applications where a certain viscosity is required. For example, engine oils on calibration systems.
- To supplement the density values to ensure the quality of lubricants or fuels
The VLO-M1 viscosity sensor measures the viscosity of a fluid in a microelectromechanical system (MEMS system). In the sensor, the medium is passed through a pressure gradient to the omega chip, an omega-shaped microchannel. This vibronic measuring system generates the measured values by setting a silicon tube in the chip into resonant oscillation and analyzing it. This is because the vibration quality depends on the viscosity of the liquid in the microchannel. At the same time – and independent of the viscosity – the density of the medium to be measured can be determined via the frequency of the microchannel. Since the temperature influences both viscosity and density, the temperature of the medium is also recorded in the chip in real-time. In this way, the temperature effect can be compensated.
The sensor measures the viscosity during the process – even in the smallest of spaces. Irrespective of the viscosity, the sensor also measures the density and temperature of the medium being measured.
Great product and customer care! Reliable, fast and honest... I have recently purchased 2 pieces of equipments; their service has been spot on from start to finish, understanding my needs, providing useful advice and rapid assistance when it was required! Highly satisfied, I highly recommend their teams and would definitely work with them again in the future!
Questions & Answers
Ask a question, and our experts will reply shortly.
The conversation was highly helpful to me. I want to know about the suitable sensors that can be used for level measurements for conical tank systems. Mr. Pedro has quickly responded and explained in very ease way. It was nice interacting with him.