This article describes the product features of one of the products in the connectivity bandwagon: NOVUS Logbox Wi-Fi. This device from NOVUS is a multi-channel data logger and IoT device that can connect us to a cloud or SCADA system.
NOVUS LogBox Wi-Fi specifications
This Wi-Fi data logger from NOVUS can support up to three different analog sensors and one digital input. With this range, it gives us the ability to measure and monitor a host of applications. In addition, we can also have a list from vendors with examples such as pressure measurement in a utility application.
On top of that, we can configure the logging interval to suit our needs. We can also access its data and functions using a USB interface or Wi-Fi and the NXperience software. Plus, we can use an Android or IOS smartphone or tablet to access the configuration using Wi-Fi and the NXperience BLE app.
To know more about the difference between digital and analog sensors, you can read the article here
NOVUS LogBox Wi-Fi applications
The analog input on this device accepts all kinds of thermocouples as well as Pt100, volts, and milliamps, giving us a broad list of possibilities to explore.
For instance, if we need an energy monitoring system, the Logbox Wi-Fi can collect data from various thermal sensors using the analog input. As a matter of fact, as another option, we could monitor any kind of sensors that use the industry standard of 4-20 mA, just like that.
We can also have the digital input for things like pulse counting, event recording, or even a logger start and NOVUS loves the concept of using the digital input to monitor security. So, If we want to check if a valve is open or closed, then all what we need to do is to connect the sensor to the Logbox Wi-Fi and we are done.
Not only this, but this device also has one PNP digital output. So what does this digital output do? This output can actually connect to an alarm or even act as a controller. Moreover, it comes with an internal alarm buzzer too.
NOVUS LogBox Wi-Fi advantages
If we need to monitor different applications and integrate data into SCADA and cloud solutions using MQTT, then the LogBox Wi-Fi from NOVUS is one of the best options we can find in the market. What stands out is ts Wi-Fi and USB connections.
Like its brothers, it has a local LCD display for all the data, and we can navigate and configure using the operation keys. It works with four AA alkaline batteries to give us a two years of autonomy or a power supply on 10 to 30 volts of direct current.
More technical information about the LogBox Wi-Fi from NOVUS:
- 3 analog inputs: thermocouples J, K, T, E, N, R, S, B; Pt100; 0-5 V; 0-10 V; 0-50 mV; 0-20 mA; 4-20 mA
- 1 digital input: pulse counting, event recording, or logger start
- 1 PNP digital output: electronic switch for control or alarm
- Alarms: up to 8, low and high, per channel
- Internal alarm buzzer
- Communication interfaces: USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Interface with SCADA and NOVUS cloud
- Memory for records: 140,000 with time stamps
- Power supply: 10 to 30 VDC or 4 AA batteries (included) for 2-year autonomy
- Enclosure: ABS + PC; IP40; 120 (W) x 100 (H) x 40 (D) mm
- Mount: cradle fixed on wall by screws or magnets
- Configuration software: NXperience (for USB PC) or NXperience BLE (Bluetooth app for smartphone)
- 3-line display with 4 ½ digits
- Record interval: 1 second to 18 hours
The LogBox Wi-Fi from Novus is an IIoT data logger with a wide range of possibilities. So, if our requirements cater to having a monitoring system with a great Wi-Fi connection, then this device is certainly a suitable option.
To know more about data logger and IoT device, you can get in touch with our engineers!