FOUNDATION Fieldbus junction box
How do I select a new junction box to connect to my FOUNDATION Fieldbus network?.
Expert’s answer: FOUNDATION Fieldbus junction box
Okay, the FOUNDATION Fieldbus junction box comes with a list of specs. Here I listed most of them:
- Enough space for all equipment
- Material like stainless steel or glass-reinforced plastic
- Spare fieldbus trunk pairs on terminal blocks
- Complete box certified for hazardous area setup
- Wire size 12–24 AWG
- Terminal block suitable for 12–24 AWG wire
- Short-circuit and surge protection for each spur
While that may not cover everything, it should get you started. Also, your junction box manual should address its specific details.
Want more information? If so, check the links below:
Other resources that might interest you
I work in a petrochemical company, and we hope to use a FOUNDATION Fieldbus network. So, could you explain what architecture we can build in an FF system?