Beverage application

Flow Food & Beverage Q&A

I need a new Coriolis for my beverage application. Which type of certification does the device offer?

Expert’s answer: Coriolis for beverage application

Great question! To use a flow meter in the food and beverage field, and specifically for a beverage application, you have to abide by the requirements set to keep quality and safety standards high, and those standards need certification.

Depending on where your device appears in the process, the certification may vary. Most of the time, you have to find companies with 3A Sanitary Standards and EHEDG-certified devices.

You may also need the IP69K, another standard for food and beverage companies to guarantee a device’s ability to meet standards. In a nutshell, the IP69K will protect the device from high-pressure water.

Therefore, you find it most often in beverage companies, as operators usually clean with high-pressure water. If the device doesn’t meet IP69K standards, then the water can damage it!

Companies with Coriolis flow meters:

Other resources that might interest you

Best magmeter for water application
What type of magmeter is best for our water process flow measurement? 

TOP 10 Coriolis flow meter questions you must read
Want to know more about Coriolis flow meters? If so, here are the top 10 questions you need to know!

What’s the difference between Promag 400 and 100?
Are there differences between E+H Promag 400 and Promag 100?

Related tags: Coriolis flow application flow meter Flowmeter Food & Beverage Mass flow meter requirements
Hi! It's nice to see you're interested
If you want to ask a question, or you want to contribute and reply to post, you have to sign in. Don't worry, we won't send you newsletters without your permission!
Beverage application
How can I measure flow in low-conductivity products?
How does a thermal mass flow meter work?
How to set up a Micro Motion 2700 FOUNDATION Fieldbus through the display
Multidrop - Can you connect two devices to the same input?
See related devices