Magmeter connection – Promag P 500

Flow Q&A

I have the new Promag P 500 and would like to know which cable and connection should I use to connect the sensor to the remote transmitter?

Expert’s answer: PROMAG P 500

Uh oh. You should’ve gotten cables with the PROMAG P 500 when you bought it. Okay, maybe somebody lost the cables. You can find this info in the manual, but if somebody lost that too, I’ll help you out.

So here you have two types of cables, one for the signal and the other for the coil current. Now take a look at the charts below for the specs on your cables.

Signal cable

Courtesy of Endress+Hauser

Coil current cable

Courtesy of Endress+Hauser

Now you can connect to the transmitter! Just follow the terminal assignment. Below you can see a diagram of the connection between the sensor and the transmitter.

Courtesy of Endress+Hauser

Good luck with it!

More magmeters on the market:

Related tags: Flow flow application flow measurement flow meter Flowmeter Magmeter Promag P 500
Magmeter connection - Promag P 500
Seven Vortex Flowmeters you should know
#LinkedInsights: Maximum Uncertainty of Orifice Plate Flowmeters AGA-3
Watch Out, it's Oxygen! Precautions for Choosing Flowmeters for Oxygen Service
Water well level measurement with Proteus EcoMeter
See related devices